Wednesday, March 23, 2011

JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Erica Davies Printed Knit Maxi Dress -

Yes, this dress is very long. I am 5'2" and I purchased the XS. Perfect fit except for the length. I thought about having it professionally altered, but ended up just pinning and then sewing up the hem by hand. It wasn't all that difficult and I prefer having something too long, rather than too short to begin with. I wore this for my son's wedding at Turtle Bay on the North Shore in Hawaii. It felt just perfect due to the colorful and happy print. It also looks very elegant, but casual enough for the tropics. I also love that the 'racerback' is stylish, but not overly revealing. Does not show bra straps at all. Nice weight and drape to the fabric, and the elastic waist is very comfortable (and forgiving).   LOVE IT! - AND MY NEW FAMILY!!